Sunday, July 24, 2011

Singer Curvy 8780 Computerized Sewing Machine


I sort of bought this machine on impulse. I have a 50 year old Singer, and a very simple and inexpensive Singer that I received new as a gift in 2004. I have become a more serious sewer but in the whole scheme of things, I'm still doing a lot of learning. I almost immediately regretted this purchase after reading reviews online. A lot of folks really dislike this machine. Being a relatively younger sewer, I think this modern design is actually extremely easy to use, but for someone who is used to doing things in the spirit of an older machine, this can be frustrating. At first I was overwhelmed and annoyed but now that I have watched some videos and learned about all of it's features, I am completely in love with this machine. You really have to adjust to the style of this machine. Singer really has made it more simple. Don't over think this machine. I MUST note that for whatever reason, the presser foot lever doesn't naturally have an up or down position... there is actually an in between. This machine will jam automatically if the lever is not in the down position. I actually had to read some complaints to figure this out. Now that I have that figured out, the machine sews like a dream. It is actually somewhat melodic when it sews. I received the extra presser foot package from HSN. Check out youtube to see the HSN demonstration to see what you can do with this machine and all of it's beautiful snap in presser feet. I'm still squirming with the excitement of the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment