Sunday, July 24, 2011

Janome TB30 Threadbanger Computerized Sewing Machine with 30 Built-In Stitches

I went looking to buy the TB30. I actually liked the graphics and all the pretty lights. Hey, might as well have a "light show" while sewing kites! I ended-up buying the new re-packaged TB30: the DC4030. Oh, I lost some of the pretty lights along with the graphics, as the 4030 is just the TB30 in a "plain, brown wrapper." But, not one ounce of functionality or quality! It's all there and it's just GREAT! It even came with a hard case, something I wanted and was glad I didn't have to buy separately. I've sewn a good 12 different kinds of fabrics on it to date. Thanks to the adjustable pressure feet, whatever I've tossed at it, it's delivered top quality stitching right back at me. No errors, no goofs, no bound-up bobbins or stitches. Just great sewing. I call it, "Janome style" when it comes to the machine's stitch quality. The SFS may be a marketing whatever, but, I'm brutally honest when I state, SFS is reality! I've sewn on other Janome machines without SFS. There is just no comparison between a Janome SFS and a Janome non-SFS. Get the SFS, you won't be sorry. Bottom line: no complaints from me. Oh, here are the machines I compared before I purchased: Brother PC210 and PC420 and the SE400 (all looked good on paper with lots of great comments, but...sorry, Brother, your quality is still in question) and the Janome 1050 and 2150 (both of these machines are close in what they offer. However, less plastic in my machine, the better I like it and these had too much plastic...in the operating mechanism. That's not to say it's wrong to do that, Brother, Singer, and Janome have been doing it a long time. But, I'll pass). I also looked real closely at the Janome Memory Craft. But, some things can't be...on my budget! Endgame: My 4030 is poised, ready to create kites, curtains, etc. right next to my Janome Serger.

No comments:

Post a Comment